Texas Scorecard Radio is a weekly radio program dedicated to keeping Texans informed about Texas. From news reports around the state to interviews with newsmakers, each episode is focused on giving citizens the information they need to be more engaged in government. Someone is always keeping score… we think it ought to be the taxpayers!
Episode 51: TSR Host Tony McDonald and Brandon Waltens discuss the historic GOP victory in a recent special election for a Texas Senate seat. Charles Blain and Sal Ayala also join Tony to discuss the latest from around Texas. Jonathan Saenz from Texas Values drops by to chat about the State Board of Education, and Cary Cheshire has the first part of a four part commentary series discussing the race for the next Speaker of the Texas House.
- Blue wave? Not so fast…
- Bringing visibility to invisible governments
- What is the cost of federal regulations?
- Remembering the Alamo in Texas schools
Episode 50: Tony McDonald sits down with Cary Cheshire and Charles Blain to discuss what is happening in the news. Mark Pulliam is back to discuss his newest project intended to “stop the insanity at UT.” Michael Quinn Sullivan has a commentary.
- Real news about fake news?
- Spending the session in jail?
- What is going on at UT?
- Who really controls the Texas House of Representatives?
Episode 49: On this week’s episode, Tony McDonald goes around Texas to hear the latest from Brandon Waltens and Ross Kecseg. Aaron Harris from Direct Action Texas is back to discuss even more election shenanigans. Sal Ayala has a commentary.
- Who is the new contestant in the race to be Texas’ Speaker of the House?
- Do Plano businesses support tax hikes?
- Illegal electioneering?
- What kind of goodies will Amazon ultimately squeeze out of a city?
Episode 48: Tony McDonald chats with Erin Anderson, Jacob Asmussen, and Brandon Waltens about what is happening around the state. State Rep. Matt Rinaldi stops by to discuss local liberty and Michael Quinn Sullivan has a commentary.
- Shady tactics and media malfeasance
- Tax office theft?
- A Democrat working to impact the Speaker race?
- Local liberty
- T.D.S. is real
Episode 47: Host Tony McDonald chats with Ross Kecseg, Brandon Waltens, and Jacob Asmussen to get the latest from around Texas. Kara Belew of Texas Public Policy Foundation is back to discuss the state’s new A-F grading system for public schools in this week’s interview, and Cary Cheshire has a commentary.
- Millions of unknown people on the voting rolls?
- Austin doing Austin things
- Did Straus cancel Christmas in the Texas House?
- How are public schools graded?
- What makes Texas Scorecard different?