Texas Scorecard Radio is a weekly radio program dedicated to keeping Texans informed about Texas. From news reports around the state to interviews with newsmakers, each episode is focused on giving citizens the information they need to be more engaged in government. Someone is always keeping score… we think it ought to be the taxpayers!
Episode 42: Tony McDonald sits down with Cary Cheshire and Brandon Waltens to discuss what is happening in the news. Aaron Harris stops in with a disturbing story out of Tarrant County in this week’s interview, and Michael Quinn Sullivan has a commentary.
- Cruz and Cornyn split
- Is there a blue wave coming?
- A doctor killing for profit?
- No time for laziness!
Episode 41: Tony McDonald discusses issues from across the state & country with Cary Cheshire, Erin Anderson, and Jacob Asmussen. Attorney Trey Trainor joined Tony in-studio to discuss free speech and the Texas Ethics Commission. And Brandon Waltens has this week’s commentary.
- SCOTUS nominations with a Texas twist
- Annexation WITH representation
- Austin City Council is a terrible goalie
- Texas Speech Fight
- Touchy-feely “Security” Administration
Episode 40: Tony McDonald discusses issues from across the state with Ross Kecseg, Charles Blain, and Jacob Asmussen. Texas Public Policy Foundation’s Kara Belew called in to discuss a new property tax plan proposed by TPPF. And Michael Quinn Sullivan has this week’s commentary.
- Local governments run amok
- A plan for property tax relief?
- How to handle bullies
Episode 39: Tony McDonald checks in with Cary Cheshire and Charles Blain to see what is happening around the Lone Star State. Attorney Mark Pulliam drops by to discuss the Supreme Court ruling in the Masterpiece Cakeshop case, and Michael Quinn Sullivan has a commentary.
- What’s happening down on the border?
- What happens when a bond fails?
- Religious liberty?
- What if they had called it quits on July 5th?
Episode 38: The Republican Party of Texas held their biannual convention recently and Texas Scorecard Radio host was on hand to grab a few folks around the convention hall to discuss a multitude of different topics! Guests include:
- Bradley Pierce – Abolish Abortion Texas
- John Seago – Texas Right to Life
- State Rep. Jonathan Stickland (R – Bedford) – Texas House Freedom Caucus
- Adam Cahn – Popular conservative blogger and RPT delegate
- Jackie Schlegel – Texans for Vaccine Choice
- Commissioner Wayne Christian – Texas Railroad Commission